Covid-19 Response at Mt Crescent
Gearing up for a safe and fun season
Mt Crescent Ski Area is committed to creating a safe recreational environment. As the winter season progresses things may change, and we will be ready to navigate those changes as they occur. For now, we ask you to follow these procedures and protocols that we have put in place for the upcoming season.
Protocols, Procedures, and Restrictions:
WHAT TO EXPECT OUTSIDE
Face coverings will be required when 6 feet of social distancing between customers and/or staff is not possible.
- Lift Line
- Chairlift Chair
- Common Areas – Firepits & Seating
Be Courteous to others at all times, please give people their space – ask about sharing a chairlift prior to getting on. Let those that arrived together ride together.
Added Outside Amenities
This year we are working on adding more outdoor amenities such as picnic tables, Adirondack chairs, additional firepit, patio heaters, and an outdoor food and beverage station. The station will serve hot food items and snacks as well as hot & cold drinks and alcoholic beverages.
WHAT TO EXPECT INSIDE
- *Face coverings must be worn at all times except when eating and drinking.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in common areas as well as on each inside table and counter space.
- Staff will routinely disinfect high touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Seating will be pre-configured to allow for the required 6 feet of distancing.
- Guest must adhere to the “6 feet apart rule” while waiting to order from the Mountain Café
- In order to expedite food and beverage orders, we will offer a limited menu inside. Additional food and beverage options will be offered outside.
- No personal coolers or crockpots will be allowed this year.
Lift Tickets & Sledding
- Passes, Tickets, rental equipment and lessons will be available to pre purchase online as well as on premise.
- An additional outside ticket booth will be used on busy days for online purchases & season pass holders only.
- Tickets purchased will be good for either the 2020-2021 season OR the 2021-2022 season. Refunds will not be given on these items.
- Sledding will be available in time slots in 2 hour increments.
- In order to decrease the customer’s time spent in the rental shop – we are strongly encouraging customers to prepay for rentals online and fill out the rental form prior to arrival.
- In order to ensure a safe and efficient process, we will be limiting the number of people in the rental shop during busy time periods.
- Extra staff with be on hand to expedite equipment fitting.
- We will be disinfecting our rental boots and helmets after each use.
- Private lessons will need to be made in advance online.
- “1, 2, 3 Lessons” will be available on weekends and holidays for walk up guests.
- Our 6-week development program or DEVO will be available to a limited number of students. Registration for the program must be made online by the cut-off date.
- Unless there is a breathing impediment, patrollers will require customers to me masked before administering care.
- Customers will not be allowed into the Patrol Building, except for a medical emergency.
These policies and procedures are subject to change based on statewide protocol. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this season. As always, safety is our number one priority at Mt Crescent. Things may be a little different this year, but we can still enjoy winter fun and have a great season making awesome memories with friends and family if we all do our part!
Ski Well, Be Well!
Mt. Crescent is not responsible for weather conditions and snow conditions due to weather, please check conditions prior to making your purchase as no refunds will be given. Mt. Crescent holds the right to close at any given time due to weather and/or unfavorable conditions. Mt. Crescent holds the right to close or modify hours of operations at any given time if it is deemed in the best interest of the business and or the safety and well being of our guests and employees.