Zipline FAQ’s at Mt. Crescent
What you need to know before zipping
What do I need to know before booking?
- Reservation times will be held for 15 minutes so please arrive on time or early, after which they are not be guaranteed.
- Riders must between 50 lbs. and 240 lbs. (Upper limit may be reduced due to current onsite conditions)
- Operation of the Zipline is weather dependent and cancellations may occur. Please call ahead if weather is questionable and we’ll do our best to re-book you for another day.
- Zipline prices are per person. The 2zip ticket can not be split between people
- There are no refunds – Rescheduling or exchange only!
What are the weight restrictions?
In order to zip line, riders must be a minimum 50 lbs. and can weigh no more than 240 lbs. This restriction is put in place based on the speed of the zip line, not the amount the cables can hold. They can hold a lot more than that—try 26,000 lbs!
- There is NO Minimum height for riding the zip line! If your little ones weigh at least 50lbs they can zip! We do not require parents to purchase zip line rides either. Our staff is trained to ensure that your little ones are perfectly safe through the entire zipping process. Mom and Dad can relax knowing their children are in good hands.
Are there health restrictions?
You should be prepared for some light physical activity like climbing stairs, walking short distances over uneven terrain, and lifting up to 10 lbs.
Anyone with the following conditions should consult a physician prior to using the zip line:
- Heart conditions
- High blood pressure
- Neck and/or back issues
- Debilitating fear of heights
If you are pregnant, you will not be allowed to ride the zip line.
We are committed to make our zipline as accessible as possible to our participants. While there are certain restrictions that have been put in place to protect the public, we are often able to accommodate individuals outside of these parameters with advanced notice and approval by the manager.
Mt. Crescent is not obligated to zip participants if participants are found to be endangering the safety of themselves, others, or the environment. Refunds will not be given in these situations.
Do kids need to be supervised?
For all minors 15 years old or younger, an adult must be on the property. Please call if you have questions.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes. All guests need to make a reservation. We will try to accommodate walk-ins based on availability, but it is always easier to reserve a spot online before arriving at Mt. Crescent.
What if I don’t have a credit card to book online?
If you do not have a credit card, or would like to pay with a check, please call us and we can try to arrange for payment.
Do I need to sign a waiver?
Yes, all guests who wish to zip line must sign a waiver. Guests under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian’s signature before zipping.
What if I am afraid of heights?
Don’t worry! Most people say zip lining is not as scary as they thought it would be! Our zip line is designed to keep you comfortable. Our guides are trained to keep you safe throughout the zipping process. Each piece of equipment, as well as the zipline is inspected daily to insure it is all in proper working order. We embrace the “Challenge by Choice” philosophy, so you can be sure you will not be forced to do anything you don’t want to do.
What should I wear or bring to zip line?
You’ll be required to wear closed toe shoes or athletic type footwear. We won’t be able to let you on the zip line if you’re wearing sandals or flip-flops.
We recommend bringing the following:
- Longer shorts and t-shirts that can be tucked in, so you’re more comfortable in our full body harnesses
- Remove any dangling jewelry and rings before arriving
- Bring a camera! (Make sure it has a strap so you can secure it)
There are storage lockers at the facility for guests to use. Mt. Crescent Ski Area is not responsible for your belongings or any loss of personal items. Mt. Crescent provides all equipment needed to zip!(e.g. harnesses and helmets).
Does a zipline booking cancel due to weather?
Our Zip line will run in light rain, however cancellations may occur during high winds, severe thunderstorms, or hazardous weather. In these events, we will do our best to re-book you for another day or provide a voucher for you to re-book.
What is the maximum group size?
Currently we offer group zip linning for a maximum size of 20 people. If you have a group with more than 20 people, please contact us so we can make special arrangements.